Hi! I would love to paint a portrait of your child! I will start with 4 or 5 portraits and I am hoping to paint children around the ages of 1-5 years old. I look forward to working with you!
Hello! My name is Talana, Caitlin's Studio Manager. I will be your main correspondence for this process.
Please read the details and requirements. If you are interested after reading the following information, please fill out and submit the form at the bottom of this page. Slots are limited and commissioned pieces will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Your commission will be confirmed upon the survey's completion. I will notify you directly about the status of your commission or a possible wait list for future portrait commission.
Dimensions - approximately 7.5x8.5” inches.
Cost - $1400
Delivery date - December 2019
Portraits will be created by Caitlin, and the portrayal of your child is up to artist interpretation. The painting is not intended to be a photo realistic image but a playful unique representation of your child. The primary focus of the portrait will be of your child’s face, loose background strokes and clothing may also be in the portrait depending on the composition.
- Must pay an upfront cost $800 to Caitlin Connolly, via Venmo (preferred) or check
- When artwork is finished and ready to be shipped the other $600 will be required
- Shipping will be an additional expense, local pick up is available upon request
- Ideally, children would be 8 years or younger
- Must send 4-8 photos of child
- some photos should have natural lighting (not indoor yellow lighting)
- include photos with subtle yet slightly different angles of child's face
- some of photos should have: a neutral emotion of the face, not have teeth showing, not smiling, a slight smile or open mouth is fine, a variety of expressions is helpful
If the photos are not ideal for any number of reasons we will ask you to send more images. Please don’t stress about finding the “perfect photo”. Candid cellphone photos are perfect for the purpose of learning from your child’s face. If there is something specific from the photos that is meaningful or important to include you are welcome to make a suggestion. However, during the artistic process Caitlin may or may not choose to include your request
While we hope you love Caitlin's interpretation of your child, and that it becomes a cherished piece in your home, on the off chance you are unhappy there are not returns or refunds.
If you are interested in moving forward please complete this form below to sign up and hold your spot and I will be in contact with you in the order that the surveys are completed.
Looking forward to working with you,